Basic Computer Skills
This course is designed to teach general, beginning skills for new computer users.This course is designed to teach general, beginning skills for new computer users. The topics include:The topics include:
- Physical components of the computerPhysical components of the computer
- Microsoft Windows navigation, MS Word, MS Excel, how to safely use the, how to safely use the internet & email, and file management.
This course runs for three weeks, four days a week (Monday – Thursday) from 10-11:30 AM. All students are strongly encouraged to attend every class in order to gain a full understanding of computers. If a student completes 10 of the 12 classes, they will receive a Certificate of Completion for this course.
Intermediate Computer Skills
This course is designed to teach more in-depth classes for those who already know computer basics. The different topics include greater skill building in: MS Word, three days focused on Excel, how to use the Google platform (Google Drive, Maps, Calendar, etc…), PowerPoint, and social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
This course runs for three weeks, four days a week Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 2-3:30pm.
Students are welcome to attend classes based on personal interest and relevancy. Students must complete an assessment before enrolling in the course.
Intermediate Computer Skills Classes:
- Lesson 1: MS Word: Tables and Editing
- Lesson 2: MS Word: Creating Flyers
- Lesson 3: MS Word: Saving, Sharing, and Transferring
- Lesson 4: Excel: Formatting
- Lesson 5: Excel: Functions
- Lesson 6: Excel: Budgets
- Lesson 7: Google Mail
- Lesson 8: Google Drive: Calendar and Maps
- Lesson 9: Google Drive: Clouds and Sheets
- Lesson 10: PowerPoint I
- Lesson 11: PowerPoint II: Presentation Tools
- Lesson 12: Social Media: Facebook and Twitter
Interested in joining a course? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orientation is required before accessing our services: Monday-Friday at 9am or 1pm, Tuesdays at 9am only. No reservations required. Please arrive 5 minutes early. No late entry. No exceptions.