Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Our Franciscan Perspective
The Franciscan vision for our society is that every human life is valuable, should be accepted, and loved without condition. The values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are at the core of who we are, how we serve our guests, and how we interact as a team at St. Anthony’s. We also recognize that truly living up to our mission of creating a society in which all persons can flourish is a difficult task. We must approach it every day with great personal and cultural humility. Our team and leadership is committed to this journey of building and modeling a diverse and inclusive workforce where all feel a sense of belonging.
Our commitment is informed by our Operating Principles.
We align with our values when we:
- Focus on our guests.
- We are all here to serve our guests.
- We consider ourselves stewards of healing and social justice.
- Build trust.
- We act with honesty and integrity; we are honest and direct in conversation; we are willing to have courageous conversations.
- We encourage all employees to speak their mind with direct, open and respectful communication.
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- We seek to understand first and to meet people where they are.
- We appreciate each employee’s uniqueness.
- Think and act like a steward.
- We use our resources well and take responsibility for the organization beyond just our own role.
- We are accountable and take responsibility; we are proactive.
- Aspire to learn and improve constantly.
- We share best practices; we are a learning organization.
- It is okay to say “I don’t know”. We learn from our mistakes.
- Practice cultural humility.
- We seek to understand other people’s experiences to improve our interactions.
- We treat others as they would like to be treated.
- Act as one team.
- We make each other successful.