FREE CLOTHING PROGRAM
“A lot of people are struggling and can’t afford clothing. St. Anthony’s is definitely the place to come.”
St. Anthony’s runs San Francisco’s largest free clothing program, providing new and gently-used clothing to low-income and homeless individuals and families. Our clothing includes casual wear, warm clothes, business attire, and children’s clothing, and is always distributed free of cost to recipients.
Our program is guided by St. Anthony’s Franciscan values, calling us to recognize the inherent dignity of all humans. As such, we arrange our clothing in a boutique store-like environment that invites guests to select items that meet their personal needs and style preferences. We place great importance on ensuring that only high-quality clothing makes its way on to our racks. We strive to delight our guests by keeping a clean and organized store, and providing friendly and helpful service.
The Free Clothing Program at a glance:
- 10,000 San Franciscans served per year, including 2,500 children
- 350,000 articles of clothing distributed every year
- $3 million worth of in-kind clothing donations per year from individual households and corporate partners
- 1,200 volunteer hours per month helps keep our program running
- 100 clothing drives per year hosted by Bay Area companies, schools, and religious communities help keep our racks stocked
Monday: 8:30am – 4:00pm
Tuesday: 8:30am – 4:00pm
Wednesday: 8:30am – 12:00pm
Thursday: 8:30am – 4:00pm
Friday: 8:30am – 4:00pm
Saturday: 8:30am – 3:00pm
We will be closed on the following holidays in 2021:
Independence Day (Monday, July 5th Observed)
Labor Day (Monday, September 6th)
Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 25th & Friday, November 26th)
Christmas (Friday, December 24th & Saturday, December 25th)
121 Golden Gate Ave (directions)
We welcome anyone with a self-determined need for free clothing. There are no eligibility requirements to access our program, other than that we request to see ID at the time of enrollment. If you are enrolling in our Family Service, we also request to see a document establishing custody of your children, such as a birth certificate, health insurance card, or school registration.
We offer two services:
- Individual Service – for adult men and women shopping for themselves. Appointments available in the morning, Mon – Fri. Individual guests can shop once every 28 days.
- Family Service – for families with children under age 18 or other dependents in their care. Appointments available in the afternoon, Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, and on Saturdays in the morning and afternoon. Family guests can shop once every 56 days.
To shop, guests need an appointment. Appointments can be made through our scheduling page at FreeClothingSF.org or by speaking with one of our staff members in person.
Please note that to make your first appointment (or if it’s your first time in a long time), you have to speak to a staff member in person before you will be able to use FreeClothingSF.org.
Are you a caseworker from another organization and wish to refer your client(s) to us? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to become one of our approved referral providers.
Donations of clean, new and gently-used clothing make this program possible. Please visit our Donate Clothing page to learn more about our needs and how to make a donation to us.
Volunteers are integral to our success, and we invite you to join us! Volunteer opportunities are available Monday – Saturday of each week. To learn more and to sign up, please visit St. Anthony’s volunteer shifts calendar page.