FATHER ALFRED CENTER: ADDICTION RECOVERY
“You’re not going in there just to get clean, you’re going in there to change your life.”
Father Alfred Center: Recovery Center COVID-19 Update: In light of confirmed cases of community-transmitted COVID-19 (coronavirus) in San Francisco, St. Anthony’s is adapting the way we make our services available to the community. All services will continue at the Father Alfred Center for addiction recovery as usual, however, staff will screen residents and visitors daily with temperature tools and follow protocols recommended by SFDPH and CDC for any ill residents that need medical attention.
The year-long, abstinence-based, work-structured program at the Father Alfred Center (FAC) empowers men who have no income or resources with the tools to overcome addiction and the support to establish productive and healthy lives.
The holistic treatment offered through St. Anthony’s multiple services allows for immediate assessment and thoughtful resolution of clients’ medical, legal, vocational and educational needs, most or all of which may have been profoundly affected by the cycles of poverty and addiction.
- Adult male (at least 18 years-of-age)
- Suffering from a substance abuse or addiction disorder
- Substance-free for at least 72 hours
- Physically, mentally, and emotionally capable of participating in the full program, and motivated to be in treatment
- No outstanding legal matters that would interfere with full participation, and no sex-related convictions
- No couples
- Medically cleared to be in treatment (including pass of TB test, which St. Anthony’s can administer)
- Returning clients will be assessed for whether FAC is an appropriate fit
- No family members of current FAC staff
- Without income, including Unemployment, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or State Disability (SDI)
Eligibility forms are filled out by phone (not on site) by calling (415) 592-2831, Monday–Friday from 9am to 1pm.
Eligibility is determined by the answers to a short series of questions, and the eligibility decision is communicated at the end of the phone call.
St. Anthony’s follows up with eligible intake participants to schedule an Intake Assessment.
The Workforce Development team at St. Anthony’s supports the employment resiliency of job seekers, not just getting the next job: men in the FAC program develop strengths and gain skills through an intensive orientation, as well as one-on-one coaching sessions, vocational and personal goal-setting, and strengths-based approaches to mindfulness, emotional intelligence, and self-compassion. Through active job search and community partnerships, clients gain employment in short- and long-term positions and upon completion of the program, almost all graduates have stable employment and housing.
Alumni participation and the aftercare component of FAC helps ensure the long-term success of graduates. Regular activities that engage graduates and current participants are powerful, living reminders to men in the program that long-term recovery is possible and attainable.
HOURS & DETAILS
Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Participants in the Fr. Alfred Center addiction recovery program, you’ll have access to the following:
- Medical and behavioral health treatment
- Counseling and spiritual services
- Individual and group counseling
- Technology access
- Job training
In addition, participants in the Fr. Alfred Center are enrolled in our work experience program, which is an essential part of the treatment process and is required for continuance.
121 Golden Gate Ave (directions)