FATHER ALFRED CENTER: ADDICTION RECOVERY
“You’re not going in there just to get clean, you’re going in there to change your life.”
COVID-19 Update: Father Alfred Center will be available to start taking new clients as of February 25, 2021.
- Intake Candidates are required to wear a mask when they arrive at the facility for enrollment. They will be required to wear it the entire time that they are inside the facility.
- Intake Candidates will be temperature checked by a St. Anthony’s staff member prior to entering the facility. Intake Candidates may enter the facility only if their temperature is at or below 100°.
- Intake Candidates are required to supply proof of a negative COVID-19 test, taken within the last 3 days. Failure to supply proof of a negative test will result in not meeting program entrance criteria. For a list of COVID-19 screening sites, click here.
- Intake Candidates will be screened immediately for substance use. A positive screening will result in not meeting program entrance criteria.
- Intake Candidates will be screened in accordance with Megan’s Law. If the Intake Candidate is a registered sex offender, they do not meet program entrance criteria.
It is recommended that Intake Candidates have their transportation wait outside for 15 minutes to ensure that they have transportation in the case the Intake Candidate does not meet the program entrance criteria.
For complete eligibility requirements, please click here.
The year-long, abstinence-based, work-structured program at the Father Alfred Center (FAC) empowers men who have no income or resources with the tools to overcome addiction and the support to establish productive and healthy lives.
The holistic treatment offered through St. Anthony’s multiple services allows for immediate assessment and thoughtful resolution of clients’ medical, legal, vocational and educational needs, most or all of which may have been profoundly affected by the cycles of poverty and addiction.
- Adult male (at least 18 years-of-age)
- Suffering from a substance abuse or addiction disorder
- Substance-free for at least 72 hours
- Physically, mentally, and emotionally capable of participating in the full program, and motivated to be in treatment
- No outstanding legal matters that would interfere with full participation, and no sex-related convictions
- No couples
- Medically cleared to be in treatment (including pass of TB test, which St. Anthony’s can administer)
- Returning clients will be assessed for whether FAC is an appropriate fit
- No family members of current FAC staff
- Without income, including Unemployment, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or State Disability (SDI)
Eligibility forms are filled out by phone (not on site) by calling (415) 592-2831, Monday–Friday from 9am to 1pm.
Eligibility is determined by the answers to a short series of questions, and the eligibility decision is communicated at the end of the phone call.
St. Anthony’s follows up with eligible intake participants to schedule an Intake Assessment.
The Workforce Development team at St. Anthony’s supports the employment resiliency of job seekers, not just getting the next job: men in the FAC program develop strengths and gain skills through an intensive orientation, as well as one-on-one coaching sessions, vocational and personal goal-setting, and strengths-based approaches to mindfulness, emotional intelligence, and self-compassion. Through active job search and community partnerships, clients gain employment in short- and long-term positions and upon completion of the program, almost all graduates have stable employment and housing.
Alumni participation and the aftercare component of FAC helps ensure the long-term success of graduates. Regular activities that engage graduates and current participants are powerful, living reminders to men in the program that long-term recovery is possible and attainable.
HOURS & DETAILS
Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Participants in the Fr. Alfred Center addiction recovery program, you’ll have access to the following:
- Medical and behavioral health treatment
- Counseling and spiritual services
- Individual and group counseling
- Technology access
- Job training
In addition, participants in the Fr. Alfred Center are enrolled in our work experience program, which is an essential part of the treatment process and is required for continuance.
121 Golden Gate Ave (directions)