THE WINTER SHELTER: A SAFE PLACE TO SLEEP
“We’re not asking questions, we’re trying to make sure everyone can get a good night’s sleep and have somewhere safe to stay.”
During winter’s harsh weather conditions, many of our homeless neighbors face the prospect of no shelter during brutal rains, and heavy winds. We have seen the negative effects of this in our community, and have decided to transform our Dining Room into a seasonal shelter to provide a warm, safe space for those who have nowhere else to go.
HOURS & DETAILS
St. Anthony’s Winter Shelter is open every night from 5pm to 6am, December – March. Note: Winter Shelter guests must be clear of tuberculosis (TB) or in treatment for TB. No-cost TB treatment is available through the St. Anthony’s Medical Clinic, please see a staff member for referral.
- Warm evening meal is included with shelter stay
- Coffee and continental breakfast is included with shelter stay
- Each guest receives a cot and blanket to use
- Families/partners are allowed to shelter together
- All-gender bathrooms are available
- Phone charging station is available
- Companion animals are welcome
- No shower facilities
121 Golden Gate Ave (directions)