Specialized Sorter & Hanger
Department: Free Clothing Program
St. Anthony Foundation’s Free Clothing Program is San Francisco’s largest free clothing program, providing warm clothes, interview or employment apparel, and children’s clothing to homeless and low-income families and individuals. Through over $3 million worth of clothing donations from individuals and corporate partners and the dedication of nearly 1,200 volunteer hours each month, the program provides 39,000 sets of free new and like-new clothing to nearly 11,000 guests each year, including over 2,900 children.
The Specialized Sorter & Hanger is an integral part of our team, ensuring that high quality clothes get on the racks and to our guests. The Specialized Sorter & Hanger will assist with the selection of the highest quality clothing donations for distribution and prepare racks for our clothing services.
Duties & Tasks:
- Assist with the processing of donations per FCP guidelines and standards.
- Sort donations by clothing type.
- Select highest quality clothing for distribution to our guests
- Hang, size, steam and prepare clothing for distribution
- Prepare clothing racks for display in our store.
- Ability to successfully volunteer with a diverse client population including people who are homeless and/or low-income, and people with physical and/or mental health disabilities
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent volunteer habits: professional, punctual, reliable, cooperative and team oriented.
- Ability to volunteer with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to be flexible and to reprioritize volunteer duties as needed.
- Ideally will have conversational speaking skills in Cantonese or Spanish.
- Adherence to guidelines explained in the Volunteer/Intern Handbook.
- Commitment to St. Anthony Foundation Statement of Values and desire to volunteer for a social service agency serving the homeless and low-income.
Minimum of 4 hours per week for 6+ months between 8am-4:30pm Mondays-Fridays.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Interview: Interviews will be scheduled and conducted as applications are submitted
Orientation: Next scheduled Individual Volunteer Orientation following successful interview
First Volunteer Shift: Week following successful interview