St. Anthony’s is taking precautions to mitigate the risk of COVID-19. All volunteers are required to wear masks at all times, and all of our volunteer shifts allow for social distancing. Please see our shift calendar for current opportunities. More volunteer opportunities are coming soon! To receive updates about new shifts as they are available, please fill out this form.
Department: Resource Center
The St. Anthony Foundation’s Resource Center serves San Francisco residents who are 18 and over. We offer information and referral, case management, and supportive counseling.
The Pantry Support volunteer will be responsible for the stocking, organization, packaging, and distribution of pantry items for St. Anthony’s guests.
Duties & Tasks:
- Provide pantry support including stocking shelves, and packing and distributing pantry bags to guests
- Sort and organize other donations as needed, including toiletries
- Maintain open communication with Resource Center supervisor
- Other related tasks as assigned
- Good organizational skills
- Patience and flexibility
- Ability to volunteer with minimal supervision.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs, possibly multiple times per shift.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Ability to stand for up to 90% of shift
- Minimum age 18
- Commitment to St. Anthony’s Statement of Values– and a desire to volunteer for a social service agency serving people experiencing poverty and homelessness, and to the preservation of appropriate health care for the uninsured.
Commitment: One shift per week for minimum of 3 months
Tuesdays from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Thursdays from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Fridays from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Interview: Scheduled following approved application.
Start date: As soon as possible!