Dining Room Service: it’s more than a meal: it is building community, a place to share stories and smiles. Working with 40-50 fellow volunteers, Service shift volunteers help prepare and provide 1,000 – 3,000 meals each day. (Must be 13 years and older.) Sign up to serve via our volunteer Shifts Calendar.
1-Hour Meal Service: use your lunch hour to nourish more than yourself. Designed for individuals that want to use their lunch hour to serve in the dining room from 12:30pm – 1:30pm weekdays. Sign up to serve via our volunteer Shifts Calendar.
Food Prep: volunteers work with our chefs to prepare the next days lunch. We use hundreds of pounds of produce in a single meal. Help us chop, dice and peel. (Must be 18 years and older.) Sign up to serve via our volunteer Shifts Calendar.
Dining Room Service: 9:15am – 1:45pm
Food Prep: 9:00am – 1:00pm
The Free Clothing Program serves approximately 150 guests per day. It is our goal to distribute the highest quality of clothing possible ensuring that our guests have a positive and dignified shopping experience. Volunteers assist with the selection of high-quality clothing donations for distribution to our guests and help prepare our “store”. Sign up to serve via our volunteer Shifts Calendar.
The Clothing Program is open Monday – Saturday
Volunteers with experience and special skills are vital to helping us run our programs. We have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities from direct services to administrative support, which require an application, interview, and minimum time commitment. Volunteers can review and apply for volunteer positions on our Specialized Volunteer Opportunities page.
I am 15 or older and ready to volunteer!
- View volunteer shifts on our Shifts Calendar, and sign up for any available shift of your choice.
- When you sign-up for an opportunity you will receive a confirmation email with all the details of your service and a link to our insurance release forms. If you are a minor you will complete the form that includes parental consent. Please turn this into the Volunteer Coordinator when you arrive for your project (minors will not be allowed to serve without the parental consent form).
- You may volunteer for eight shifts before you need to attend an orientation. Attending an orientation is required before you sign up for your ninth shift. Sign up for an orientation via our Shifts Calendar.
I am a parent or guardian who wants to volunteer with my children!
Our minimum volunteer age is 13 years old. Youth between 13-14 must volunteer with an adult.
- Contact the Dining Room Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call 415-592-2748. To serve with your family in the Free Clothing Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-592-2826.
- You will receive a confirmation email with all the details of your service and a link to our insurance release & parental consent forms. Each adult must complete the Insurance Release Form and a Parental Consent form must be completed for each child. Turn the forms into the Volunteer Supervisor when you arrive for your project.
- You may volunteer for 8 shifts before you need to attend an orientation. If you know you want to be a volunteer long term, you are welcome to attend an orientation before you complete 8 shifts.
- Once you’ve completed orientation, you’re able to sign-up for as many shifts as you would like!