SOCIAL WORK CENTER
St. Anthony’s is a family of resources. I came in looking for one item, and I ended up getting a whole bunch of others.”
Requirements to obtain a voucher for a CA photo ID: One of the following verifications (unexpired): out-of-state ID, CalFresh, SSI, GA, PAES, SSIP CAPI, or CalWorks. Unfortunately, regular SS benefits, SSDI, and VA benefits are not qualifying income. If it is your first time obtaining a CA photo ID, bring in one of these income verifications and an original certified birth certificate. If you are 62 years old or older, your application is free of charge.
Requirements to obtain a certified birth certificate by mail (please note that requirements for non-U.S. birth certificate may vary): Unexpired state photo ID. If you do not have an unexpired state photo ID, we encourage you to make an appointment (see 121 Golden Gate Avenue first floor front desk on Tuesdays at 1:30pm) to problem-solve this issue with one of our social workers.
Requirements for Rental Assistance Screening (see 121 Golden Gate Avenue first-floor front desk at 1:30pm on Tuesdays to schedule):
- If seeking back rent, bring a 3-day notice or warning letter with breakdown of months and amounts. For a security deposit, bring the offer letter with move-in costs (including the security deposit and first month’s rent) along with move-in date.
- Please be prepared to discuss your monthly income, and our social workers will assist you in obtaining the appropriate income verification. Please be aware that a requirement for rental assistance is that rent not be more than 85% of income.
- If an eviction is in progress, you may not be eligible for rental assistance before a settlement between you and the landlord is reached.
Note: a follow-up appointment will be scheduled with you if you meet the screening’s eligibility requirements.
Requirements to access the Social Work Center’s food pantry and/or obtain an emergency food box monthly: Note: San Francisco residents (living in any district) may obtain an emergency food box once every 12 months. Proof of residency in the eligible area and verification of one of the following:
- Pregnant or parenting a child under the age of 18 (pregnant guests are eligible for pantry access twice per month)
- Medical diagnosis for a specialized diet (temporary or ongoing)
- Age of 55+
Requirements for CalFresh Enrollment:
- ID, if you have it (to streamline the enrollment process)
- Proof of rent, if you pay it
Requirements for Payee Services Enrollment:
- Enrollment must be mandated by Social Security Administration
- Must be a San Francisco resident
- Must do an intake with a St. Anthony’s social worker and agree with the St. Anthony’s Payee Understanding Agreement
HOURS & DETAILS
By Appointment (to make an appointment, call 415-592-2855)
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Wed: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
Drop-In Service Hours
Tues & Thurs: 8:30am
Arrive at our 121 Golden Gate Avenue building 15 minutes before drop-inservice hours begin, and inquire at the first floor front desk to get a ticket to secure a spot (availability is limited).
Rental Assistance Screening
Inquire at the 121 Golden Gate Avenue first floor front desk for a ticket on Tuesdays at 1:30pm. Return with the ticket at 2:30pm same-day for screening. Availability is limited. Bring all requirements to your scheduled screening.
121 Golden Gate Ave (directions)