DONOR ADVISED FUND DIRECT
DAF Direct is a convenient way to recommend grants from your DAF to St. Anthony’s. Currently, DAF Direct facilitates grant recommendations from Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, BNY Mellon Charitable Gift Fund and some community foundations.
A donor advised fund is a charitable giving program managed by a nonprofit institution—known as a sponsoring organization—and created for the purpose of managing charitable gifts on behalf of donors.
What Are the Advantages of a Donor Advised Fund?
- Your gifts to your donor advised fund entitle you to an immediate income tax deduction at the time of contribution.
- You avoid capital gains tax on appreciated assets you place in your donor advised fund.
- Your fund’s investment gains accumulate tax free.
- Funds are distributed to St. Anthony’s in your name and immediately put to use to provide essential support to San Franciscans living in poverty.
How Does It Work?
- You contribute assets such as cash, stocks or bonds to a donor advised fund established in your name and managed by a sponsoring organization.
• The sponsoring organization reinvests your gift as you direct.
- The sponsoring organization makes distributions from your fund to charities you recommend, such as St. Anthony’s.
If you have a donor advised fund and your sponsoring organization participates in DAF Direct,℠ you can recommend a distribution to St. Anthony’s through the DAF Direct program by doing the following:
- Select your sponsoring organization from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the amount of your donation to St. Anthony’s.
- Click on the NEXT button, which will connect you to your sponsoring organization’s website to confirm your recommendation.
What If My Sponsoring Organization Is Not Part of DAF Direct?
Simply contact your sponsoring organization directly and recommend a donation in support of the lifesaving work of St. Anthony’s. Provide your sponsoring organization with the following information:
St. Anthony Foundation
150 Golden Gate Avenue
• Federal Taxpayer Identification Number: 94-1513140
• Gift amount