How To Start A Used Clothing Donation Drive
Thank you for coordinating a donation drive for the St. Anthony Foundation! We hope this packet will help make organizing the drive easier. Please call us at (415) 592-2826 with any questions. Following is a plan to help make your drive successful:
Set The Date
- Arrange drive dates and locations (drives around community events, birthdays, or special holidays are often good days to work with. Community center, work place, or your home?)
- Call St. Anthony’s Free Clothing Program to schedule pick up of items or arrange drop off date (415) 592-2826.
Clothing Drive Guide
Clothing Program Fact Sheet
Sample Email To Friends
Get The Word Out
- Set a goal with your ambassadors for number of people to contact and number of boxes/bags/clothes to collect, individually or as a team
- Give your ambassadors labels, signage, and information on the program
- Email, facebook, and blog about your drive
- Post flyers in workplace, on community bulletin boards, in your building
- Make phone calls to people you think would be interested. Tell them about your goal, and find out what it would take for them to participate.
- Take photos and video along the way and send them vial email/facebook as an invitation to friends, family, and coworkers to participate in the drive. Keep the information flowing!
During The Drive:
- Fill out donation acknowledgement forms for donors. Please write clearly so we can send a thank you letter by mail that will serve as the receipt for tax purposes.
- Hand out fliers or newsletters to donors interested in donating clothing items.
After The Drive:
- Drop off clothing and donation acknowledgement forms to St. Anthony’s Free Clothing Program Address: 101 8th Street at Mission Street, San Francisco. Hours are Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:15pm.
- Send a thank you to drive participants that you know of. Let them know about your success!
- Know you are greatly appreciated by the guests of St. Anthony’s. WE THANK YOU!